My first conversation with Victoria Hyndman was the most listened to episode on the YAY!YOGA podcast and I am super excited that I got to record and share a second edition. In this summer special, Victoria shares Ayurvedic tips for keeping it cool during those hot summer days. We get very practical in this episode as we discuss ways to adjust your lifestyle to the season. We talk about cleanses for different body types, ice baths and cold showers, sun exposure, how to deal with hay fever and so much more. A lot of information is shared here so grab a pen and paper and write along!
Shownotes: stuff & people we talked about
- If you missed the first episode with Victoria, you can find it on iTunes and Spotify.
- Kichari is a warm and cleansing meal made with mung beans. In Ayurveda, this meal is recommended in a mono diet for a few days as a way of resetting the body. In spring/summer, it’s best to add the green mung beans.
- Book: Ayurvedic cooking for self-healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
- Abhyanga – self-massage with natural oil. In summer, it’s best to use coconut oil or a specific pitta pacifying oil.
- Neem – available in powder or capsules. This plant-medicine helps to cleanse the blood and is recommended if you’re sensitive to hay fever.
- Vamana – an Ayurvedic cleansing technique that induces vomiting.
- Rasa, Virya & Vipaka – Sanskrit for taste or experience, action and post-digestive effect.
- Sitali – a pranayama (breathing) exercise to cool down body and mind. This video explains how it’s done.
- Book: I am that by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
- For upcoming trainings with Victoria, check Delight Yoga.
Connect with Victoria Hyndman
Did you enjoy this conversation? Make sure you subscribe to the YAY!YOGA podcast on Spotify or iTunes and support this show by leaving a review. Want to hear more? Check out all the other episodes and shownotes here.